[asterisk-dev] Testsuite python3 compatibility

Alexander Traud pabstraud at compuserve.com
Wed Jun 6 03:38:56 CDT 2018

I love to help. However, before I apply your patch, I need a running
Test Suite first. In Ubuntu 18.04 LTS with branch Master, 11 test cases
fail for me, for example ASTERISK-27897. In that report you see my
concrete steps. Perhaps you spot the mistake. In Ubuntu 16.04 LTS with
branch 15.4, 30 test cases fail. 5 cases, which fail in Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
do not fail in Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. Consequently, I have still 6 cases
which fail. Is it OK, that 6 tests cannot be verified?

> </wiki/display/AST/Installing+the+Asterisk+Test+Suite>
> is a bit out of date.

Uhh, I hoped I had overlooked something. I knew that wiki page. The
Test Suite requires much more Python modules (see below). That Wiki
would help much more if it described the platform/version used. That
Wiki entry is Red Hat Fedora. However,
1) Which Fedora version is it exactly?
2) How are the Python modules installed (pip or package manager)?
Those two puzzle pieces would help much.

> asttest [is] not compatible with current versions of Lua.

Yes, it does not work with Lua 5.3 or 5.2 and still requires 5.1.

> If you have to install [SIPp] from source please download the latest
> version, not 3.4.1.

Because I want support for SIP-over-TLS in Ubuntu, I had to go for the
source. However, even the latest SIPp release, I had to patch for
OpenSSL 1.1.x. By the way, do you know why this 'greater 3.4.1'
requirement is not reflected by any dependency check:
$ ./runtests.py --list-tests

> Some additional python modules needed:
> autobahn, lxml, construct, netifaces, pyxb.

... plus numpy, requests, twisted, and yaml. For construct, I had to go
for construct.legacy and patch four files: ASTERISK-27893.

> skipped due to each dependency.

Puh. I was able to reduce everything to 3 missing dependencies: remote,
statsd, and rtpdump. Although I was able to install rtpdump, my variant
did not take a parameter 'd': ASTERISK-27080. Another 3 tests fail
and I have no idea why:
- tests/masquerade,
- tests/hep/rtcp-sender, and
- tests/hep/rtcp-receiver.
Consequently, 6 cases cannot be tested for regressions.

> a full testsuite run is required to verify no errors. I do not have
> adequate hardware

By the way, what exactly do you mean by this? Perhaps, I face the same
issue.