[asterisk-dev] ARI, Stasis, and Dialplan

Dan Jenkins dan at nimblea.pe
Wed Dec 12 10:55:42 CST 2018

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 4:24 PM Ben Ford <bford at digium.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> We’re looking into AstriCon feedback and one of the things we want to
> touch on is ARI --  specifically, the ability to not have to create an
> extensions.conf in order to dial into Stasis. Before we start working on
> this, we’d like some direction from the community on what people would be
> looking for. From a user perspective, how would you expect something like
> this to work? Where would you look for information on how to do this, or
> where it would be configured? Any feedback is welcome!
>
> Ben
>
> --
> *Benjamin Ford*
> Digium - A Sangoma Company | Software Engineer
> 445 Jan Davis Drive NW - Huntsville, AL 35806 - US
> <https://maps.google.com/?q=445+Jan+Davis+Drive+NW+-+Huntsville,+AL+35806+-+US&entry=gmail&source=g>
> Check us out at: https://digium.com · https://sangoma.com
>

> --

Hey Ben,

I'd envisage a setting in ari.conf which would be the app name of the
initial app where all calls get sent. Then I could perform logic in that
app to decide based on X parameters which other ARI app I should then send
it to (can we easily move a call to another ARI app as it stands today? I
can't remember)

I think it should really be that simple in my mind.

Dan