Alexander Traud pabstraud at compuserve.com
Mon Oct 16 05:22:20 CDT 2017

Issue 1:
When I
1) git review --draft ... on the command line of my computer,
2) cherry pick that change to other branches via the Web interface, and
3) publish those changes via the Web interface,
I have to reply with "recheck" on the initial review, the one I submitted as draft via the command line, always. Could somebody look into that, so the check is done automatically when a review is published = leaves the draft mode? Or is there any other trick?

Issue 2:
When I cherry pick a draft via the Web interface, it is public visible (published) right away. I would have expected the cherry pick to stay a draft. Is that a configuration thing in Gerrit or an issue of the Web interface of Gerrit?

Issue 3:
When I cherry pick via the Web interface, the branch is appended to the topic automatically, for example ASTERISK-xxxxx gets ASTERISK-xxxxx-13. I have to edit that manually. Is there any other trick instead of cherry picking via the command line?

Issue 4:
When an identical change is cherry picked to several branches, reviewers comment sometimes in branch 13 and sometimes in the branch master. Is it possible to streamline this, and always use one specific branch for example the oldest LTS or the master branch?

Issue 5:
When I edit a commit message via the Web interface, there is a (red) hair line after 72 columns. However according to <http://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Commit+Messages>, wrapping should happen after 80 columns. This is confusing. Could somebody configure this in Gerrit? Or is this a static value which is not changeable?

Issue 6:
As with the previous Reviewboard software, I see many changes submitted to Gerrit without any issue in Jira. That is allowed, I know. However, Jira allows me to link issues. This linking helps the original author to be aware of missed corner cases or defects of his change. Because some changes go through without any issue report, I do not know how to link those in Jira so their authors learn. Is there any trick, I am missing?

Issue 7:
The guidelines for commit messages state: "end the first sentence (and any subsequent sentences) with punctuation." Even Digium employees do not do that. That guideline is still in effect, isn't it?