[asterisk-dev] Weirdness-- intermittent loss of recordings w/ 13.5.0

Steve Murphy murf at parsetree.com
Tue Nov 14 14:10:44 CST 2017

Hello,

This is a preliminary cry for help... We are seeing a 51.2% 'loss' of
recordings
on one of our 13.5.0 systems. All calls are are in u-law format. The
incoming calls are offered
gsm and 729, among others,  but we restrict to only u-law. We only offer
ulaw on outgoing calls.

I checked, and one other system shows 25% of all recordings are empty, and
several others show less than 2% of all recordings are empty, but greater
than 0%.

We are operating under the sip channel driver. (chan_sip)

By 'loss' or 'empty' I mean that the 'in' and 'out' WAV files are created,
and are exactly 60 bytes in size.
We mix them into a single 60-byte WAV file. I suspect that 60 bytes is what
the header size is.

No warnings or any kind of message are issued by Asterisk. The 60-byte
files are somewhat randomly occurring in the files. The actual underlying
conversations are going on as normal, but
a percentage of them seem to open the recording file, and leave it empty.

Anybody seen this kind of behavior before? I see a letter or two in the
freepbx community,
and someone claimed it was fixed in 13.4... but we are running 13.5.0...
so.... are we the only users that see this?

murf

--

Steve Murphy
ParseTree Corporation