[asterisk-dev] Open Invitation - Open Source VoIP Documentation Project

Nir Simionovich nir.simionovich at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 14:53:53 CDT 2017

Hi All,

  Following Astricon 2017, and my own personal interest in providing the
community with more detailed documentation sources and specifically - best
of practice and how-to documents, I've opened a public gitlab project,
specifically for this object.

  The project is located at https://gitlab.com/osvoipdoc-project - and
people are welcome to ask for access to contribute documentation. I've
already started working on the first how-to, which is an Asterisk+Opus
installation guide. It's geared toward installing Asterisk on cloud
instances, with Alexander Traud's Opus patches - which work really well.

  The project is split into several sub-projects, mainly - asterisk,
kamailio and cloudformation. Cloudformation is something I've received an
interest from AWS, in regards to providing the community with a solid set
of cloudformation and cloud-init templates to use for deploying Asterisk,
Kamailio and other open source VoIP tools into Amazon AWS.

  Currently, the project includes both myself and Lenz Emitrely, who showed
a keen interest in assisting with this project. Others had showed similar
interest during Astricon, so please logon to gitlab and join the project.

  For the time being, I will serve as both writer and curator - till other
people step in and provide additional assistance.

Regards,
  Nir Simionovich

--

Kind Regards,

  Nir Simionovich

  GreenfieldTech

  (schedule) http://nirsimionovich.appointy.com/

  (w) http://www.greenfieldtech.net

  (p) +972-73-2557799        (MSN): nirs at greenfieldtech.net

  (m) +972-54-6982826      (GTALK): nir.simionovich at gmail.com

  (f) +972-73-2557202      (SKYPE): greenfieldtech.nir

               Zero Your Inbox <https://mailstrom.co/referral/ARZJE> | Cloud
Servers <https://www.digitalocean.com/?refcode=97eeea09917a>

*Disclaimer:*

This e-mail is intended solely for the person to whom it is addressed and
may contain confidential or legally privileged information. Access to this
e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If an addressing or transmission
error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to
this e-mail and destroy this e-mail and any attachments.
E-mail may be susceptible to data corruption, interception, unauthorized
amendment, viruses and delays or the consequences thereof. If you are not
the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in
error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of
this email is strictly prohibited.