[asterisk-dev] detect called channel hang-up even with dial application g argument

Fred Muteesa muteesafred at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 23 18:38:06 CST 2017

Hello Dev team,
I have been playing with asterisk dial function and I have the senarial below.
I am generating a call from server 1 and receiving it on server 3, but I want server 1 to control how long this call should be.
Though I placed server 2 in the middle which is able to modify my parameters of the dial function and control call duration.
How do I detect on server 1 that server 3 has hangup so that server 2 does not keep the call connected longer than I require.
This is of extreme importance to me all advise and help will be appreciated.

On Server 1
[to_server2]
exten => 1234,1,Dial(SIP/server2/1234,3,S(3))
exten =>1234,2,Hangup()

on Server 2
[from_server1]
exten => 1234,1,Dial(SIP/server3/1234,,gS(15))
exten =>1234,2,wait(15)

on Server 3
[from_server2]
exten =>1234,1,answer()