[asterisk-dev] Registration state for SIP over TCP or TLS

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 12:10:30 CST 2017

Hi,

I believe that the current state of affairs with Asterisk's SIP over TCP or
TLS registration is that if a connection is dropped or closed, then the
registration is allowed to persist.

Given that a re-connect will almost certainly not be from the same IP/port
pair, should a TCP or TLS disconnect result in an under-the-hood
de-register?

I believe the issue does currently exist because I have seen dropped TCP or
TLS connections result in an "xmit_error" when the next OPTIONS ping is
attempted.

Thoughts? Am I missing something, or would this be useful for me to look
into patching?

Thanks,
Steve