[asterisk-dev] Team branches in the asterisk repository

George Joseph gjoseph at digium.com
Sat Feb 25 12:35:48 CST 2017

Greetings All,

The gerrit/asterisk repository has gotten to a size where some of the
Jenkins test slaves are timing out when trying to clone it.  To help reduce
the size of the repo, the team branches that were copied over from
Subversion have been split into their own repository named "asterisk-team".

With the split, the asterisk repo went from 353MB down to 142MB.

The asterisk-team repo is 162MB though so...
Most of those branches haven't been touched since the migration, which was
almost 2 years ago, so if you have a team branch that you don't need, let
us know and we'll clean it out.  No hurry but since the git migration and
the availability of GitHub, do we really need to keep the team branches at
all?

Clone Cleanup:

Since the asterisk repo no longer has the team branches, you'll probably
want to prune them from your local clones...

$ git remote prune gerrit
$ git gc [ --prune=all --aggressive ]

Read the help for 'git gc' before using the prune or aggressive options.

The team branches have also been cleaned from the github mirror and the
mirror at git.asterisk.org.

--
George Joseph
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer