[asterisk-dev] ARI StasisEnd event vs. channel variables

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Wed Oct 19 06:58:14 CDT 2016

Matthew Jordan wrote:

<snip>

> Two thoughts:
> (1) I wonder if anyone needs the state conveyed on events other than
> StasisEnd? If Asterisk is maintaining all of your state for you, and
> you need to know some part of the state in your external application,
> how do you ask for it?
>
> (2) Even if we emit variable state on StasisEnd, how would we know
> which state to emit? Would we want to require users to provide it up
> front in ari.conf, or through some more dynamic mechanism?

Going beyond just making channel variables get output on StasisEnd I
don't have a clear gut feeling or thought on how a state interface
should look and operate. I do know it could quickly spiral into many
knobs and options to tweak what gets output when, how often, all in an
effort to reduce message size and tweak performance.

I do think using applications which are currently using this approach as
a base could yield a good direction.

--
Joshua Colp