[asterisk-dev] Working Groups

Corey Farrell git at cfware.com
Fri Oct 7 05:56:46 CDT 2016

On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 6:44 AM, Dan Jenkins <dan.jenkins88 at gmail.com> wrote:

> So if I understand properly you'd like to see a working group around "My
> first Asterisk Commit" - which would drive forward making contributing to
> the project easier - whether it was improving documentation, or trying to
> remove some of the road blocks people hit (like running the test suite
> locally) or getting gerrit/gitreview setup etc?

I was following the devcon discussions the best I could, I heard about a
Docker container that ran the testsuite [1].  It seemed to be outdated
(still using SVN) and in production I use CentOS 7 so I wanted to test
against those library versions.  I've created a new Docker container [2]
 to run the testsuite.  It can clone from any URL / branch of Asterisk,
Testsuite and custom tests.  I welcome feedback (on github or here),
especially for the built-in configure / menuselect options.

The container doesn't have support for cherry-picking gerrit reviews yet,
I've opened a feature request for git-review to support anonymous use [3].
I'm unsure the feature request policy of the git-review project, hopefully
they decide I'm asking for something that is generally useful.

[1] https://github.com/sboily/asterisk-testsuite
[2] https://github.com/coreyfarrell/centos-asttest
[3] https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2000736