[asterisk-dev] Viva Chan_Sip, may it rest in peace

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 04:12:56 CDT 2016

If chan_sip really has to go, then perhaps the place to start would be a
marketing effort?

* Why is PJSIP better?
* What does PJSIP do that chan_sip does not?
* Is there anything in chan_sip that PJSIP does not do, and how do you
solve that?

This can then be followed with bribery

* What does PJSIP need to do to make it worth your while switching?

I have a "perfectly" working chan_sip environment - Why do I want to spend
6 to 12 months picking up the pieces of a transition - Persuade me and all
of the others in the same boat, certainly don't just pull the rug - That
will simply upset people and cause people to stick with whatever released
version last had a working chan_sip implementation (at least that's what I
would do).

If you want to persuade *me* then do a full SDP rtcp-mux / media bundling
implementation that only works in PJSIP :) Then I'd have to flip.

Perhaps some of the above marketing exists already, hidden in some corner
of a wiki rather than being announced? If so, let's get it out there.

Cheers,
Steve