[asterisk-dev] AGI:async

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Fri Nov 25 11:30:05 CST 2016

On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 10:14 AM, Salvatore Franco <s.franco at fast-auto.it>
wrote:

> Hi,
> It means that the call still waiting something but never enter in Queue
> (as if async is not really async).
> So I think the dialplan never calls the next step.

You seem to misunderstand what AGI actually is.  AGI _is_ dialplan.  What
you can do in dialplan
is what you can do in AGI.  The call will stay in your AGI until you tell
it continue in normal dialplan
or the call hangs up.  AGI simply allows you to write your dialplan in a
scripting language more
familiar to you.  Depending upon your scripting language, AGI also allows
you better access to
things outside of Asterisk such as querying databases.  Async AGI is a very
specialized flavor of
the three AGI modes available as it merges AGI into AMI.  However it is
still AGI.

Your earlier emails in this chain indicate that app_queue does not do what
you seem to want from
an automatic call distribution system.  In that case you can modify
app_queue, write your own
app_queue in C, or you can use ARI.  ARI is available in the currently
supported Asterisk v13 and
later versions.  ARI gives you access to the building blocks normally
available to dialplan applications
so you can write your own applications such as queue and voicemail.

Richard

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Interfaces
[2] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=29395573
(ARI interface page)