[asterisk-dev] [channel] get the other peer codec

Aurele Traynard aurele.traynard at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 09:01:26 CST 2016

Hi everyone,

The main goal of the channel is to make or receive call from another
channel (mainly SIP)
I writing a custom channel I have now something working with codec "alaw"
When I add multiple codecs Asterisk's core "negociate" the good codec and
give it in the "request" function then I can know wich codec I have to use.
(maybe it is not asterisk's core wich do this?)
When the call comes from my channel, I can'tknwo which codec will be used
by the other channel...

I tried to read chan_sip and chan_iax2 as I did to write my custom channel,
but I could'n see what to do...

thanks for any help and feel free to ask anything about my problem if I was
not clear enough.
Aurèle