[asterisk-dev] SDP Manger feature

Canuck . canuck15 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 1 10:00:05 CDT 2016

Has there been any discussions of adding an SDP mangler to Asterisk? One possible application I can think of is allowing directmedia to peers that are behind NAT. It's probably more difficult than just SDP mangling but that is probably a good start. I am sure it would have other uses as well.

Essentially, I am look for an equivalent to the SDP mangler available for Kamailio without having to install Kamailio and integrate it with Asterisk just for that feature.

http://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.1.x/modules/mangler.html

For directmedia use, it would basically use the same values as nat=force_rport, comedia does. So it would replace the SDP port and IP with those values if it detects a private IP address.

Before I start experimenting with the Kamailio module, am I on the right track with this?  How feasable is this as a new asterisk feature?