[asterisk-dev] Asterisk ARI Recordings Bug?

Malcolm Davenport malcolmd at digium.com
Wed May 18 12:32:30 CDT 2016

Howdy,

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 12:20 PM, Michael Petruzzello <
michael.petruzzello at civi.com> wrote:

> Joshua Colp wrote:
> > Michael Petruzzello wrote:
> > >
> > > Joshua Colp wrote:
> > >  > What precise version of Asterisk is this? Have you seen it outside
> of
> > >  > ARI? I'd post this information in an issue[1] with any other
> information
> > >  > you have.
> > >  >
> > >  > [1] https://issues.asterisk.org/jira
> > >
> > > The version of Asterisk is 13.1-cert4. I don't interact with Asterisk
> > > outside of the ARI, so I don't know if it occurs there as well.
> >
> > Asterisk Certified 13.1 is quite old now, so the underlying issue may
> > have been fixed by now. If you are a commercial customer I'd advise
> > contacting Digium Technical Support[1], otherwise we'd only accept an
> > issue on the public issue tracker against 13.9. I do remember issues
> > with tests and recordings not being correct, but that was many months
> ago.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > [1] https://www.digium.com/company/contact-digium
>
> Do you recommend the Asterisk 13 release branch over the Asterisk 13
> certified release branch? I have been using the certified release because
> it is advertised as more tested and stable.
>
> The service that I'm using Asterisk for is B2B and not a pbx, so the
> branch I am on has to be extremely reliable.

We don't typically provide guidance one way or the other.  You need to make
the decisions that are best for you.

The -cert branches are longer lived, but only get fixes specific to
Digium's commercial customers - we don't roll new releases of it
otherwise.  This makes it slightly less risky, if you assume that any
change introduces risk.

The mainline branches are shorter lived, get all of the fixes and are
rolled at semi-regular intervals.  This makes it slightly more risky, if
you assume that any change introduces risk.

Josh' suggestion for you to have a crack at something newer than 13.1-cert,
for your specific issue, is a good one, as there's been a great deal of
change in ARI-land since 13.1-cert.

Cheers

> Thank you for your assistance.
>

> *Michael J. Petruzzello*