[asterisk-dev] Asterisk now available with bundled pjproject!

George Joseph george.joseph at fairview5.com
Mon Mar 7 17:11:14 CST 2016

On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 3:37 PM, Marek Červenka <cervajs at fpf.slu.cz> wrote:

> - what pjproject version is base for pjproject-bundled ?

​2.4.5,  You can view the version in ./third-party/​version.mak

> - can i somehow list patches in pjproject-bundled ?

​The patches are in ./third-party/pjproject/patches as individual patch
files.​

> - can you include this patch ?
> http://lists.pjsip.org/pipermail/pjsip_lists.pjsip.org/2015-September/018607.html
> https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-24602

​We're trying not to diverge from pjproject.  For a patch to be included in
the bundled version, it would either have to be accepted by the pjproject
team, or be rejected by the pjproject team but have enough documented
justification​ that the Asterisk dev team would agree that it makes sense
to diverge.  Since we haven't done this before, it's hard to say what
"enough justification" actually is but I would say that the bar would be
pretty high.

Now if Asterisk crashes and we've identified the issue to be in pjproject
but pjproject refuses to accept a patch (extraordinarily unlikely), that'd
be a yes.  If it's something you'd just like, then no.  Anything in between
is up for discussion.

So my advice would be...

a) Get your patch accepted by pjproject and open a Jira issue with the
pjproject commit.

b) Simply add your patch to the ./third-party/pjproject/patches locally.
It'll be picked up automatically and applied.  It has to apply with 'patch
-p1'.

c) Open a Jira issue and submit a justification to the asterisk-dev mailing
list for discussion.  Or if you've signed a Contributor Agreement and have
Gerrit commit access, you can create a review that adds the patch.  Be
prepared for lively discussion wither way. :)