[asterisk-dev] remove dahdi-speed

Matt Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Mon Jun 27 09:51:15 CDT 2016

To be honest, I've been around for quite a while doing DAHDI related
things and I've used it maybe once.  I think it was originally used to
implicitly measure system real-time responsiveness (IIRC), but I've
found a lot better ways to measure that sort of thing.

It won't break my heart to remove it from the Debian package.

Hope that helps,
Matthew Fredrickson

On Sun, Jun 26, 2016 at 4:22 AM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:
> I have a patch in the Debian package to remove dahdi-speed.
>
> Is there any real use for it? If not, can we please just remove it from
> the package so I have one less patch to carry?
>
> Reason for writing this patch: I wrote man pages for programs in the
> package. I could not explain what this tool is good for and hence
> decided it's not worth the very little overhead it adds.
>
> Anybody who actually thinks it is useful: have you actually used it? Why
> are you sure it does what it is supposed to do (and what is it,
> exactly)?
>
> --
>                Tzafrir Cohen
> icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com