[asterisk-dev] Advice for having a bug fixed

Jonathan Rose jonathan.rose at motorolasolutions.com
Thu Jul 21 10:16:00 CDT 2016

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 2:30 AM, Leandro Dardini <ldardini at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am looking for an advice for having a bug fixed. I am talking about
> ASTERISK-25468
>
> https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-25468
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__issues.asterisk.org_jira_browse_ASTERISK-2D25468&d=CwMFaQ&c=q3cDpHe1hF8lXU5EFjNM_A&r=50uagQBTpQAKCx3KjAwJcMd6ygCPToAyDAxH5npANtf7nLmyZ65ofHGUgyJr9BW8&m=8oweXmTYv6iT31umA06yAyB-fu-jpgwKlSkZFJiouSQ&s=VltNLrZUyU2uK9cFJIPt-Tt5sBxawYnD9EzcSzH1D0A&e=>
>
> I tried posting a bounty for this issue, but got no feedback.
>
> Is chan_sip definitively abandoned and no fixes will be done?
>
> Is the bounty too low? Which can be a reasonable price to have it fixed?
>
> Is the bug too big to be fixed?
>
> Leandro
>
> --

chan_sip isn't definitively abandoned since Asterisk 11 doesn't have
chan_pjsip and Asterisk 11 doesn't go
 security fix only until October. I don't think the problem is with the
value of the bounty (although obviously
if someone thinks they might hit the lottery instead of just getting a
week's pay or so that could make a
difference)... it's just that the pool of people who are familiar with this
code is pretty small and are likely
strapped for bandwidth at the moment.

One thing that would probably get people to jump on the task is if you
could provide a simple means of
reproducing the deadlock from relatively clean configuration.

--

*Jonathan R. Rose*Senior Systems Engineer

Emergency CallWorks
Motorola Solutions

email: jonathan.rose at motorolasolutions.com