[asterisk-dev] Asterisk goes Spatial Conferencing: the STEAK project

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Wed Jul 20 08:53:56 CDT 2016

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 4:59 PM, Matt Fredrickson <creslin at digium.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 12:59 PM, Sean Bright <sean.bright at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On 7/19/2016 10:35 AM, Matt Fredrickson wrote:
> >>
> >> Response below.

> engine)
> >

> > If Opus is a required part of the implementation - and from reading the
> > description of the work being done it appears to be - wouldn't that make
> > this ineligible for inclusion?
>
> My hope is that there is a large amount of core Asterisk work which
> does not explicitly require Opus for it to be merged.  I'm hoping that
> our current Opus legal impasses will not go on forever, but until
> things clear up with regards to it, this is the best response I can
> give.

The only thing that we can't include at this time is the codec module
itself, which - if implemented correctly - should be a separate shared
object library. That means that all the rest can be put up for code review,
and anyone who wants to take advantage of the new feature(s) can simply
load an externally available codec_opus.

So - if you're interested - please do contribute the patches back upstream.

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | CTO