[asterisk-dev] Mixmonitor omits some frames

Tomec Martin tomec at ipex.cz
Fri Jan 29 04:15:06 CST 2016

Hi all,

we are solving issue with mixmonitor - in production asterisk, there are sometimes gaps in recordings (missing syllables), but we cannot reproduce it in test enviroment.
I suppose it is caused by frames flushing in audiohook.c:

       if (ast_test_flag(audiohook, AST_AUDIOHOOK_TRIGGER_SYNC) && other_factory_samples && (our_factory_ms - other_factory_ms > AST_AUDIOHOOK_SYNC_TOLERANCE)) {
             ast_debug(1, "Flushing audiohook %p so it remains in sync\n", audiohook);
             ast_slinfactory_flush(factory);
             ast_slinfactory_flush(other_factory);
       }

My question is, why it is not logged as a warning. I think that warning could help to diagnose the problem in production enviroment. Am I missing some "rules" for log levels, or am I right?

Thanks for any hint
Martin Tomec