[asterisk-dev] How to use a DAHDI kernel driver in linux using The Bridging Framework Tecnology in the Asterisk 13

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Wed Jan 6 11:47:22 CST 2016

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 6:27 AM, Diógenes Vila Nova Pereira <
dvnp at cesar.org.br> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm newbie in Asterisk developement tecnology. I had read and seen
> documentation that the Asterisk supports new bridging framework tecnology
> that has a pluggable interface, allowing a native bridging to be written in
> a separate module and selected based on criteria it presents to the core.
>
> I have a scenary that following this way: I have a PABX where there's a
> digital matrix controled by DSP card that controls the TDM networks
> channels commutation between cards FX0, FXS, E1 and Media Gateway for RTP
> audio.
>
> How to configure the Asterisk and what level implement/modify/customize a
> DAHDI kernel module that does possible to use Asterisk by a native bridge
> to control and permit two audio channels commutes direct by DSP without the
> interference and just so to monitor this until hangup complete of calling
> by the Asterisk.

I think you are mixing up the various software layers involved.  Since you
are talking about
implementing a DAHDI kernel module you need to follow the rules within
DAHDI to implement
your native bridge.  There is already an Asterisk level native DAHDI bridge
technology
implemented that uses the DAHDI API to setup the native bridge.

1) Asterisk bridging framework where channels can freely be moved between
bridges.
2) Asterisk bridging technology (holding, simple, softmix, native_rtp,
native_DAHDI) - The technology determines how media frames are exchanged
between channels.
3) DAHDI itself (Directly interfaces with hardware.)

Richard