[asterisk-dev] Anyone interested in having file/line number shown in dialplan show output?

Jonathan Rose jonathan.rose at motorolasolutions.com
Wed Dec 7 14:01:36 CST 2016

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 1:42 PM, Corey Farrell <git at cfware.com> wrote:

> Overall I like it.  I think leaving pbx_ael out of this is best as it
> might not be straight forward.  Anyone who wants pbx_ael to provide
> information about config sources can create a follow-up patch once the
> core functionality is implemented.
>
> Some thoughts:
> * It would be nice if the registrar ("pbx_config:") were omitted when
> config file/line are available.
> * I assume we can strip 'ast_config_AST_CONFIG_DIR' from included
> config filenames?
>
> I suspect both of these things could be done in follow-up patches, I
> just want to consider limited terminal width and try to avoid unneeded
> wrapping.

Omitting registrar when config file is available is certainly doable. It
might be worth holding out for additional opinions on that one, though
I can't imagine people actually *needing* to know the registrar when
they have the config file under normal circumstances.

Stripping the config directory shouldn't be too hard. Might just end up
stripping all the path info in general and just leaving the file name...
if people need to know the full path they can simply watch the verbose
output at startup.
--

*Jonathan R. Rose*Senior Systems Engineer

Emergency CallWorks
Motorola Solutions

email: jonathan.rose at motorolasolutions.com