[asterisk-dev] Discovering Asterisk with consul

Sylvain Boily sboily at avencall.com
Tue Oct 6 08:31:23 CDT 2015

Hello,

Le 2015-10-04 22:09, Matthew Jordan a écrit :
> On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 4:11 PM, Sylvain Boily <sboily at avencall.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I developped a small module to plug asterisk with consul. Also i wrote small
>> documentation, a dockerfile and a docker-compose yaml to play with it
>> easily.
>>
>> code source is here : https://github.com/sboily/asterisk-consul-module
>>
>> My example is only to loadbalance ARI, auto discovery service and
>> autoscaling, but you can imagine what you want. I'm using consul-template to
>> generate the config for haproxy. You can imagine to loadbalance asterisk sip
>> with kamailio automatically if you want.
>>
>> This email is only to sharing my idea with the community ;-)
>> Good and bad feedback is welcome.
>>
> I like the idea for sure, and think it would be a pretty cool
> addition. If you'd like to push the module up for review, I think
> that'd be pretty great - there's a few minor coding guideline [1]
> things you might want to take a look at first, but nothing too major.

Great ! i'm working on it, my first goal was to have a working demo :-)

> If you'd like to get it into Asterisk 13 as well as master (which will
> eventually be 14), we can talk about writing automated tests :-)

Off course ! That why i'm using docker too, because we wrote many
automated functionals tests with docker.
If you have time have a look here for an example :
https://github.com/xivo-pbx/xivo-auth/tree/master/integration_tests

Yes i know i need to check Paul testsuite too, but please tell me if it
acceptable to have this approach ? :-)

If people are interesting i updated my docker-compose to use kamailio as
a loadbalancer in front of asterisk too.
I will be at Astricon if some people want to exchange with me about this
subject.

Sylvain