[asterisk-dev] Discovering Asterisk with consul

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Sun Oct 4 21:09:42 CDT 2015

On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 4:11 PM, Sylvain Boily <sboily at avencall.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I developped a small module to plug asterisk with consul. Also i wrote small
> documentation, a dockerfile and a docker-compose yaml to play with it
> easily.
>
> code source is here : https://github.com/sboily/asterisk-consul-module
>
> My example is only to loadbalance ARI, auto discovery service and
> autoscaling, but you can imagine what you want. I'm using consul-template to
> generate the config for haproxy. You can imagine to loadbalance asterisk sip
> with kamailio automatically if you want.
>
> This email is only to sharing my idea with the community ;-)
> Good and bad feedback is welcome.

I like the idea for sure, and think it would be a pretty cool
addition. If you'd like to push the module up for review, I think
that'd be pretty great - there's a few minor coding guideline [1]
things you might want to take a look at first, but nothing too major.

If you'd like to get it into Asterisk 13 as well as master (which will
eventually be 14), we can talk about writing automated tests :-)

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Coding+Guidelines

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Director of Technology