[asterisk-dev] Asterisk Unregister/Register Causes Phone to become Unreachable

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Fri Oct 2 07:49:27 CDT 2015

On 15-10-02 09:42 AM, Ross Beer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently experiencing issues using Asterisk 13 and sorcery
> real-time, when using a shared database.
>
> The first issue is that when restarting asterisk, each endpoint in the
> database is run though and the following output is shown on the CLI:
>
>     Endpoint XXXXXXXXXXX is now Unreachable
>     Endpoint XXXXXXXXXXX is now Unreachable
>     Endpoint XXXXXXXXXXX is now Unreachable
>

> This causes any endpoints 'contacts' which are registered on an
> alternate instance to be removed from the database, causing them to
> become unreachable.
>
> Asterisk also periodically expires contacts which are not registered to
> it's self, be this with or without the the new cache enabled.
>
> Due to the above it is not possible to have a central real-time database.
>
> Is it possible to stop asterisk expiring contacts that it isn't
> tracking, i.e. devices that haven't registered?

The PJSIP modules will prune expired contacts in two cases:
1. When being asked to retrieve contacts for something
2. If the res_pjsip_registrar_expire module is loaded then contacts will
be pruned in real time (it will grab all contacts at load, and as stuff
registers to the Asterisk instance it will become aware of them)

> Is it also possible to only cache devices that register to a server
> instead of accessing all endpoints on reload?

I don't understand what you mean by cache.

> Ideally we would like to store a 'regserv' value, as with the previous
> chan_sip driver.

This does not currently exist in the PJSIP functionality.

--
Joshua Colp