[asterisk-dev] asterisk 11.18.0-rc1 Now Available

Scott Griepentrog sgriepentrog at digium.com
Fri May 22 07:47:07 CDT 2015

The github branch is a read-only clone of our official repository.
Anything you want put into the Asterisk project must go through our own git
(only) server at gerrit.asterisk.org.

So, no, the only thing that you can do from github is clone a copy of the
repository for your private use.

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 7:26 AM, Kaloyan Kovachev <kkovachev at varna.net>
wrote:

> Will 'svn relocate' work too? And will it continue from where it left?
> I have some modifications to the code on a checkout from branch 11 and
> would like to keep it up to date without reapplying the patches to new
> checkout
>
> On 2015-05-22 15:08, Scott Griepentrog wrote:
>
>  ​Although I would recommend switching to git instead, it is possible to
>> use svn co on the github repository as such:
>>
>> svn co https://github.com/asterisk/asterisk/branches/13 [1]
>>

>> On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 6:14 AM, Joshua Colp <jcolp at digium.com> wrote:
>> Pavel Troller wrote:
>> Hi!
>> Kia ora,
>>
>> Not a single change on the SVN. So, is SVN totally abandoned even for
>> reading and git is the only way to keep track ? Hmmm... That is correct.
>> There is no synchronization back to SVN.
>>
>> If it's true, could anybody post a few points, how to convert from SVN to
>> git ? At least an URL would be great. On asterisk.org [2], links are
>> still
>> pointing to the SVN :-(. There's a few ways you can get the git
>> repository and browse.
>>
>> If you'd like to clone straight from the source then gerrit is where to
>> go. This is also how code reviews are submitted:
>> https://gerrit.asterisk.org/#/admin/projects/asterisk [3]
>>
>> The repository is also mirrored onto github for browsing and read-only
>> clones:
>> https://github.com/asterisk/asterisk/ [4]
>>
>> I also do agree that stuff still needs to be updated. We'll get there!
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> --
>> Joshua Colp
>> Digium, Inc. | Senior Software Developer
>> 445 Jan Davis Drive NW - Huntsville, AL 35806 - US
>> Check us out at: www.digium.com [5] & www.asterisk.org [6]
>>
>> --
>>

> --
>
> Scott Griepentrog
> Digium, Inc · Software Developer
> 445 Jan Davis Drive NW · Huntsville, AL 35806 · US
> direct/fax: +1 256 428 6239 · mobile: +1 256 580 6090
> Check us out at: http://digium.com [9] · http://asterisk.org [2]
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] https://github.com/asterisk/asterisk/branches/13