[asterisk-dev] Asterisk Beacon Module Proposal

Rodrigo Ramírez Norambuena decipher.hk at gmail.com
Fri May 8 16:54:10 CDT 2015

On Fri, May 08, 2015 at 11:49:39AM -0400, Moises Silva wrote:
> On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 10:35 PM, Matthew Jordan <mjordan at digium.com> wrote:
>
> > Hey everyone -
> >
> > At the past several AstriDevCon events, we've had an open discussion
> > about adding a module to Asterisk that would gather anonymous usage
> > statistics. Said module would be used to help the Asterisk Developer
> > community better support the users of Asterisk, as we would have some
> > indication of the modules being used by the reporting segment of the
> > Asterisk community.
>

> Is there a need for this to be an Asterisk module itself and not an
> external monitoring service/agent collecting (e.g via AMI) and pushing the
> stats? I'm just thinking this is not the kind of thing that *needs* to be
> in a C module. It'd be sad to have your Asterisk system crashing or
> misbehaving because of a bug in the beacon module.

Other idea is a create a service/agent using ARI, is really needed add this
module on 11 version?.

A point i dont saw in the doc is what happens when dont have internet for
notified the stats or have a problem for send the request. There should be a
queue of stats to notify but this could has a conflict with rate limit inbound
request of api server.

--
Rodrigo Ramírez Norambuena
www.rodrigoramirez.com