[asterisk-dev] Asterisk Beacon Module Proposal

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Fri May 8 10:49:39 CDT 2015

On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 10:35 PM, Matthew Jordan <mjordan at digium.com> wrote:

> Hey everyone -
>
> At the past several AstriDevCon events, we've had an open discussion
> about adding a module to Asterisk that would gather anonymous usage
> statistics. Said module would be used to help the Asterisk Developer
> community better support the users of Asterisk, as we would have some
> indication of the modules being used by the reporting segment of the
> Asterisk community.

Is there a need for this to be an Asterisk module itself and not an
external monitoring service/agent collecting (e.g via AMI) and pushing the
stats? I'm just thinking this is not the kind of thing that *needs* to be
in a C module. It'd be sad to have your Asterisk system crashing or
misbehaving because of a bug in the beacon module.

-

Moy