[asterisk-dev] DNS Support in Asterisk

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Feb 12 09:37:27 CST 2015

There is one version of c-ares in resiprocate as well.

C-ares has been in use for a long time and is in use every single day for you as part of
most curl installs. I am not sure there is much to do there.

Libunbound adds a lot if that is what we want.

Why is a cache a good thing? You surely have a caching resolver running
on your system, right?

DNSsec is a huge deal - and the foundation for a lot of security things coming up.
Someone wrote an IETF draft about that and SIP.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-johansson-sipcore-dane-sip-00

I got a patch sent to me that implements that in Asterisk with unbound,
but haven't gotten time to go through it and test it.

/O