[asterisk-dev] Git Migration

Samuel Galarneau sgalarneau at digium.com
Thu Sep 18 10:31:58 CDT 2014

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 5:01 PM, Russell Bryant <russell at russellbryant.net>
wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 3:48 PM, Matthew Jordan <mjordan at digium.com>
> wrote:
>
>> "And there was much rejoicing"
>>

> \o/
>

>> But seriously, we all know that a lot of people have wanted to move to
>> Git for some time. For the record, everyone at Digium has wanted to move
>> the project to Git for some time. I swore to myself that we wouldn't do
>> another Standard release on Subversion - after we spent at least six weeks
>> mucking around with merge conflicts during Asterisk 12 - and with Asterisk
>> 14 looming ever closer, the time is now to start getting something done on
>> this.

> -- Team repos
>
> I'd recommend just using your own account on github or whatever.

> -- Process Recommendation
>
> I discussed this a good bit above, but I'm happy to answer questions.
>
> --
> Russell Bryant

Russell,

how does Gerrit deal with submitting reviews? Are all reviews simply topic
branches on the repository that Gerrit hosts?

What about a pull request workflow where the repository is forked during
development, can Gerrit support this in some way? Just trying to understand
how team repos on Github or some other platform could be used for
development purposes.

--

Samuel Fortier-Galarneau
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer