[asterisk-dev] Git Migration

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Thu Sep 18 08:32:11 CDT 2014

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 11:21 AM, Paul Belanger <
paul.belanger at polybeacon.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 6:01 PM, Russell Bryant
> <russell at russellbryant.net> wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 3:48 PM, Matthew Jordan <mjordan at digium.com>
> wrote:

<snip>

> Just to echo everything Russell typed, I also recommend above.  While
> complicated and full of moving parts, its extremely good at what it
> does.  I have a system running both public and private for different
> projects I am doing.  One thing that is great about it, developers can
> develop faster without knowing or understanding the release processes
> of a project.
>
> I think the issue that you'll run into the is amount of time and
> effort to learn the system and understand the workings. I don't know
> the official timelines, however if we are still talking about this at
> Astricon, I don't mind sitting down with people and hashing it out.

I'd like to move everything over prior to starting the major work on
Asterisk 14. That wouldn't occur until after AstriCon at the earliest, so
we can certainly sit down and talk about this some more then.

> Additionally, I'd offer up my public infrastructure for a demo or POC
> of the asterisk testsuite.  Infact, once the project was converted
> into git, it would only take a few minutes to import it into the
> process.  The, people could do test commits / see how the system
> works.

That's awesome Paul - thanks!

I know there's a few small issues we'd have to work through in just the
initial conversion process, but once we've done that we can test it out.

I do think the next step is to see how gerritt can interact with crowd and
the rest of the existing infrastructure. We can do that in parallel with
other things however.

Matt

--
Matthew Jordan