[asterisk-dev] Git Migration

Russell Bryant russell at russellbryant.net
Tue Sep 16 17:12:51 CDT 2014

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 6:01 PM, Russell Bryant <russell at russellbryant.net>
wrote:

> From a high level, all patches go to a code review system.  *Every* patch
> must be peer reviewed (usually by 2 people, but that's a policy decision).
>  *Every* patch must also pass tests.  Once a patch passes both tests and
> peer review, it is automatically merged into the repository.

I just thought of another important bit of the workflow ... the CLA
handling.

With Asterisk today, all patches go through the issue tracker.  The issue
tracker handles the CLA.  Uploading code to the issue tracker bypasses
that, so we had to hack reviewboard to also know about CLAs.  OpenStack
uses a CLA, as well, and gerrit has built-in CLA handling.

--
Russell Bryant