[asterisk-dev] Issue AGI Get Full Variable - Solution

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Tue Sep 2 11:19:09 CDT 2014

On Tue, 2 Sep 2014, Matthew Jordan wrote:

> The documentation generated for the wiki is pulled from the XML
> documentation in the Asterisk source. To update the documentation,
> modify the XML documentation (in this case in res_agi.c) and provide a
> patch with the proposed change. Open an issue in issues.asterisk.org,
> and attach the patch to the issue.

Is there any use case for 'get full variable' that does not need the
passed variable 'wrapped' with '${}?'

The only times I've used it are like:

         agi_get_full_variable("${CALLERID(num)}", cid);
         agi_get_full_variable("${SIP_HEADER(P-Charge-Info)}", pci);

If not, does it make more sense to update the documentation to document
the inconsistency with 'get variable' or does it make more sense to change
'get full variable' to be consistent with 'get variable?'

--
Thanks in advance,