[asterisk-dev] Issue AGI Get Full Variable - Solution

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Tue Sep 2 10:36:15 CDT 2014

> Ok I have figured this one out. The issue is the variable name must be
> wrapped in the ${variablename} format.
>
> The agi show commands topic get full variable docs do not show this format
> requirement.  How do we get them updated so others do not get bit by this?

The documentation generated for the wiki is pulled from the XML
documentation in the Asterisk source. To update the documentation,
modify the XML documentation (in this case in res_agi.c) and provide a
patch with the proposed change. Open an issue in issues.asterisk.org,
and attach the patch to the issue.

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager