[asterisk-dev] asterisk-11.13.1 nits

Steve Murphy murf at parsetree.com
Fri Oct 24 00:45:25 CDT 2014

I don't know if this is even a problem, by most standards,
but the asterisk-11.13.1 release from asterisk.org is
lacking a 'configure' file. It's easy enough to produce
by running bootstrap.sh, but I fear some users may not
know that. I'm personally kinda accustomed to seeing it
already in a release.

Then, if you *do* run bootstrap.sh, and generate the 'configure' script,
at least on a centos 6.x machine, the configure script, once created,
breaks when creating config.status:

configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: error: cannot find input file: build_tools/menuselect-deps.in

According to the tar file list,
asterisk-11.13.1/menuselect/test/build_tools/
asterisk-11.13.1/menuselect/test/build_tools/menuselect-deps
​...

Just wondering... if this has already been reported, ignore this
message. Haven't checked to see if there are other messages
about this, it's late, and I'm tired, but I know these kinds of problems
are best to know about.

murf​

--

Steve Murphy