[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] 4050: Add ability for Channel Drivers to provide Presence State information

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Oct 14 09:05:33 CDT 2014

On 14 Oct 2014, at 15:51, Matt Jordan <reviewboard at asterisk.org> wrote:

> exten => hint,SIP/alice&CustomPresence:alice
>
> Will *always* use the presence provided by SIP/alice, instead of the custom presence provider. That feels like a loss of functionality.
>
> Prior to this patch, we would only use the presence information provided by a single custom presence provider, since presence information could only come from custom presence providers. If the channel drivers provide that as well, there probably needs to be some mechanism to aggregate that together.

THis looks insane to me, but I must surely have missed something. Have we discussed the definition of "presence" ?
In the old days we had extension states and device states - for me that's not presence, but can be input to personal presence.
What is this stuff?

Curious. But maybe too late to jump into the discussion :-)

/O