[asterisk-dev] The state of Asterisk (new topic)

Leif Madsen lmadsen at thinkingphones.com
Sat Nov 8 21:26:09 CST 2014

On 8 November 2014 07:18, Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net> wrote:

> On 28 Oct 2014, at 17:44, Russell Bryant <russell at russellbryant.net>
> wrote:
>

> I said this in my talk last week and will reiterate it here.  I think the
> Asterisk dev community has been doing an amazing job over the last few
> years.  Internal refactorings have been achieved that we used to dream of.
> A new SIP channel driver finally exists.  The new API work just totally
> rocks.  It's an absolutely critical piece of what is needed from Asterisk
> to fit in to the way future telephony applications should be architected in
> my view.
>
> Well done, dev community.  Keep kicking ass.
>
> I do agree with Russell here. We're making enormous progress and see
> changes we've been discussing for years actually happening.
> It's fantastic.
>
> I wish to add a Thank You to Digium for financing most of this work. I do
> hope we can come up with a cooperative
> way of producing code in the future to make it easier to work together and
> get new code in.

I'm confused by this statement. What kind of cooperation is not already
been achieved here? What barriers cause you to feel that you're not able to
contribute in a meaningful manner already? Sure, I want to see tools that
make it easier to contribute (who doesn't?) but what do you perceive as
non-cooperative in the present model?

--
Leif Madsen