[asterisk-dev] The state of Asterisk (new topic)

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sat Nov 8 06:18:39 CST 2014

On 28 Oct 2014, at 17:44, Russell Bryant <russell at russellbryant.net> wrote:

> I said this in my talk last week and will reiterate it here.  I think the Asterisk dev community has been doing an amazing job over the last few years.  Internal refactorings have been achieved that we used to dream of.  A new SIP channel driver finally exists.  The new API work just totally rocks.  It's an absolutely critical piece of what is needed from Asterisk to fit in to the way future telephony applications should be architected in my view.
>
> Well done, dev community.  Keep kicking ass.

I do agree with Russell here. We're making enormous progress and see changes we've been discussing for years actually happening.
It's fantastic.

I wish to add a Thank You to Digium for financing most of this work. I do hope we can come up with a cooperative
way of producing code in the future to make it easier to work together and get new code in.

/O