[asterisk-dev] app_confbridge + USER_OPT_TALKER_DETECT

Jared Mauch jared at puck.Nether.net
Fri May 23 09:58:06 CDT 2014

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 11:49:46AM -0500, Matthew Jordan wrote:
> On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 11:18 AM, Richard Mudgett <rmudgett at digium.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 9:19 PM, Jared Mauch <jared at puck.nether.net> wrote:
> >>

> >>         Hello,
> >>
> >>         I'm trying to finish porting over my app_meetme systems to
> >> interact
> >> with app_confbridge in 12.2.0 and I can't see to get the talker detection
> >> data either via CLI or AMI.  I've not tried with ARI yet, but don't see
> >> any clear examples of getting that information out.
> >>
> >>         Is this something where having talk_detection_events=yes set
> >> does not promote this?
> >

> > The ConfBridge talk detection enabled by the talk_detection_events=yes
> > option generates AMI events when the talking status changes.  ConfBridge
> > currently does not store the last talking status for reporting by a list CLI
> > command or AMI action.

	Yes, I have had trouble getting certain AMI or ARI transactions
to complete such as ConfbridgeList.

> I wonder if you're running into ASTERISK-23545
>
> {quote}
> When dsp_talking_threshold and dsp_silence_threshold are loaded from
> the Confbridge config they both appear to be written to
> silence_threshold attribute of the user profile.
>
> This has the effect of the user not being able to change the
> talking_threshold, and the silence_threshold is incorrectly set to the
> talking threshold too.
> {quote}
>
> It's possible to not get events with this bug, as bridge_softmix never
> detects the change in energy.

	I managed to get it to capture 'some' information by getting the
AMI events to something 'managable', but i'm trying to drop in a replacement
as closely as feasible to my asterisk -x 'meetme list 8675390 concise' -mr
uglyness.

	in the conf_handle_talker_cb, i'm looking at adding a 'user_is_talking'
to the confbridge_user flag so it's stored there.  I'm trying to keep from
having a middleware hold too much state.

	I also noticed handle_cli_confbridge_list_item doesn't enumerate all
the flags on the user, I'm thinking it may be helpful to have it enumerate
a few more.

> Can you test with 11.10.0-rc1/12.3.0-rc1 (now available in SVN, and in
> an hour or so, tarballs) or the latest from the 11/12 branch?

	I'm on 12.2.0, but can look at something newer.  I'm mostly
in-use all day with meetme, so have to take it easy.

	- Jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net