[asterisk-dev] app_confbridge + USER_OPT_TALKER_DETECT

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Thu May 22 11:49:46 CDT 2014

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 11:18 AM, Richard Mudgett <rmudgett at digium.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 9:19 PM, Jared Mauch <jared at puck.nether.net> wrote:
>>

>>         Hello,
>>
>>         I'm trying to finish porting over my app_meetme systems to
>> interact
>> with app_confbridge in 12.2.0 and I can't see to get the talker detection
>> data either via CLI or AMI.  I've not tried with ARI yet, but don't see
>> any clear examples of getting that information out.
>>
>>         Is this something where having talk_detection_events=yes set
>> does not promote this?
>

> The ConfBridge talk detection enabled by the talk_detection_events=yes
> option generates AMI events when the talking status changes.  ConfBridge
> currently does not store the last talking status for reporting by a list CLI
> command or AMI action.

I wonder if you're running into ASTERISK-23545

{quote}
When dsp_talking_threshold and dsp_silence_threshold are loaded from
the Confbridge config they both appear to be written to
silence_threshold attribute of the user profile.

This has the effect of the user not being able to change the
talking_threshold, and the silence_threshold is incorrectly set to the
talking threshold too.
{quote}

It's possible to not get events with this bug, as bridge_softmix never
detects the change in energy.

Can you test with 11.10.0-rc1/12.3.0-rc1 (now available in SVN, and in
an hour or so, tarballs) or the latest from the 11/12 branch?

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager