[asterisk-dev] Asterisk Leaks FileDescriptor in handle_recordfile - if Call Disconnect happens while playing beep

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Wed May 21 21:55:19 CDT 2014

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 7:33 PM, bala murugan <fightwithme at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 8:23 PM, bala murugan <fightwithme at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> HI ,
>>
>>     has any one noticed in res_agi.c handle_recordfile , if there is a
>> call disconnect while beep is played back to caller the beep filestream is
>> not getting closed and it leads to FileDescriptor Leak. This is still there
>> in asterisk 12 . I have a Fix and Let me know I can submit the same .
>>
>> thanks,

Nope, that one would be new as far as I'm aware of. I'd be interested
in seeing that patch, as the play back of the beep sound file is
handled by ast_streamfile, which is used rather extensively.

If you'd like to submit a patch up stream to the project, please open
an issue on the issue tracker [1], sign a license contributor
agreement [2], and attach the patch in unified diff format to the
issue. You can find more information on submitting a patch to Asterisk
on the Asterisk wiki [3].

[1] https://issues.asterisk.org

[2] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Digium+License+Agreement

[3] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Patch+Contribution+Process