[asterisk-dev] Paid support - Asterisk - Direct media - SRTP

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Mar 26 01:47:52 CDT 2014

On 26 Mar 2014, at 02:41, "Listas\" Nivaldo Montenegro Junior" <listasjr at digivox.com.br> <listasjr at digivox.com.br> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are looking for a developer or asterisk consultant to implement the direct media setup on Asterisk using TLS and SRTP.
> We tested using SIP + RTP and it works fine with the parameter directmedia=yes. But when we enable the SRTP, this stops to work.
For SRTP to work peer to peer you need to have the key exchange either going through Asterisk or in the media stream, like DTLS. It may be easier to use a SIP proxy to get the key exchange to work properly.

To facilitate SDES key exchange through Asterisk involves a lot of issues, which from a security standpoint are rather scary. Asterisk will offer someone else's keys and need to switch back and forth during the call.

Anything can be done though, it's just source code. :-)

/O