[asterisk-dev] Alembic in 12 SVN

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Mon Mar 17 11:33:28 CDT 2014

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 11:02 AM, Joshua Colp <jcolp at digium.com> wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> Awhile ago when I was working on PJSIP DNS Matt brought up adding the option
> to Alembic. Through doing so I created a basic alembic.ini and started a new
> migration script. Unfortunately when attempting to add a new revision I
> received:
>
>   Only a single head is supported. The script directory has multiple heads
> (due to branching), which must be resolved by manually editing
>   the revision files to form a linear sequence. Run `alembic branches` to
> see the divergence(s).
>
> Running the "alembic branches" command does indeed show we have some
> branches:
>
> 2fc7930b41b3 -> 21e526ad3040 (branchpoint), add pjsip debug option
>              -> 21e526ad3040 -> 28887f25a46f (head), Create queue tables
>              -> 21e526ad3040 -> 4c573e7135bd (head), Fix tos and cos field
> types
>
> Looks like we're going to need to change them to get a clean upgrade path.

Hm. I think we're starting to lose a bit of cohesion :-)

Since all of the scripts in 'config' build on top of each other, one
of those should revise the other to create a linear chain. Which one
it is doesn't matter, since they were both added for what will become
12.2.0.

In retrospect, we should have probably kept each module's realtime
database tables separate. That would have minimized these kinds of
changes.

How terrible would it be to nuke the existing scripts and separate
them all out? :-)

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager