[asterisk-dev] Alembic in 12 SVN

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Mon Mar 17 11:02:40 CDT 2014

Greetings all,

Awhile ago when I was working on PJSIP DNS Matt brought up adding the
option to Alembic. Through doing so I created a basic alembic.ini and
started a new migration script. Unfortunately when attempting to add a
new revision I received:

   Only a single head is supported. The script directory has multiple
heads (due to branching), which must be resolved by manually editing
   the revision files to form a linear sequence. Run `alembic branches`
to see the divergence(s).

Running the "alembic branches" command does indeed show we have some
branches:

2fc7930b41b3 -> 21e526ad3040 (branchpoint), add pjsip debug option
              -> 21e526ad3040 -> 28887f25a46f (head), Create queue tables
              -> 21e526ad3040 -> 4c573e7135bd (head), Fix tos and cos
field types

Looks like we're going to need to change them to get a clean upgrade path.

Cheers,

--
Joshua Colp