[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] 3343: res_pjsip: Enable DNS support.

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Thu Mar 13 15:15:47 CDT 2014

Matt wrote:

Not including this change does not seem to buy us anything, save for some semblance of architectural purity. While I would love for there to be only one way to perform DNS resolution, that feels like a long term goal – and sacrificing the practicality of delivering a feature that a large number of Asterisk users have wanted for an extremely long time doesn't feel worth it to me.

I am indifferent to PJSIP and have no intent to use it any time soon, so my critic is not of
that channel driver.  In times not so long past if a developer offered a new feature for one
of the second-class channels or apps they stood a good chance being told to rewrite it to
be channel agnostic,  that it should (had to) be coded in such a way that all channels would
benefit.  It is kind of amusing to see that turned around to not apply to the new kid on the block.

Dan