[asterisk-dev] Proposal for PJSIP TOS/COS and DSCP

Jonathan Rose jrose at digium.com
Mon Mar 10 12:29:19 CDT 2014

So there is a change in plans I should report here.

I was approaching this from the standpoint of option 3 described before...
looking into deprecating the TOS options in favor of DSCP options. Doing so
breaks some configuration tests in a fairly trivial manner because only the
DSCP fields show up in sorcery objects while TOS fields are absent. I
discussed this with Matt Jordan today though and what we ultimately ended
up arriving at was that deprecating TOS may be more trouble than it's
worth. While the changes themselves are fairly trivial, they do have an
impact on existing dialplan logic. Changing the tests impacted isn't a big
deal obviously, but this could affect existing dialplans on other system in
less than obvious ways as well and the gains from making this change seem
more aesthetic than useful.

I'm currently working on a patch that gets rid of the predefined names for
TOS values appearing in the output for the Sorcery objects (but they can
still be defined using those names). This will restore the output for TOS
fields to appear the same as it did originally. That and a small
documentation change to indicate what values the names map to will most
likely close this effort.

--
Jonathan R. Rose
Digium, Inc. | Software Engineer