[asterisk-dev] Notification when no message left

Jeremy Lainé jeremy.laine at m4x.org
Sat Mar 8 13:22:24 CST 2014

On 03/08/2014 06:12 PM, Ben RUBSON wrote:
> However I already tried to put System() in my dial plan just after VoiceMail(), but System() never runs :
>
> [Support]
> (…)
> exten => s,4,VoiceMail(1@${CONTEXT},us)
> exten => s,5,System(/bin/echo test | /usr/sbin/sendmail user at mail.com)
>
> Of course if I put System() just before VoiceMail(), it runs fine.
>
> Am I doing something wrong ?

Could it be that you hung up during the VoiceMail application? If so, it is is expected
behaviour that you never reach the next priority in the dialplan..

You might try using an "h" extension.

Jeremy

PS: if you want to try out a more modern asterisk on Debian/stable you can use the
backport of asterisk 11

https://packages.debian.org/wheezy-backports/asterisk