[asterisk-dev] [svn-commits] file: branch file/pjsip-subscription-persistence r415170 - /team/file/pjsip-s...

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Jun 4 13:43:11 CDT 2014

On 04 Jun 2014, at 20:35, Joshua Colp <jcolp at digium.com> wrote:

> Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>> On 04 Jun 2014, at 19:49, SVN commits to the Digium repositories<svn-commits at lists.digium.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> Creating a branch for persisting subscriptions across restarts in PJSIP.
>>
>> Why? You can terminate subscriptions at shutdown and the UA will re-subscribe when you're back.
>
> The goal of my branch is to cover both best cases and worst cases. In normal circumstances then yes, we can terminate with probation or deactivated and assume the other side will re-subscribe. In worst case Asterisk has terminated unexpectedly (or "core restart now" is used) and we don't have a chance to do this. I would like the experience for the user to be that Asterisk comes back and they are subscribed, persistence achieves this in both the best and worst case scenarios.
Well, yes. Agree.

Remember the hook we have so that we terminate subscriptions for extensions that was deleted when the dialplan was reloaded.

>> The problem with registrations is that you can not do that.
>
> Can you clarify what you mean by this?

You can not terminate a registration from the server. If you do support SUBSCRIBE for registration states you can do a bit more messaging to the UA, which would be a good thing to support, especially since you want to support multiple registrations per account.

/O