[asterisk-dev] [svn-commits] file: branch file/pjsip-subscription-persistence r415170 - /team/file/pjsip-s...

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Wed Jun 4 13:35:41 CDT 2014

Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> On 04 Jun 2014, at 19:49, SVN commits to the Digium repositories<svn-commits at lists.digium.com>  wrote:
>
>> Creating a branch for persisting subscriptions across restarts in PJSIP.
>
> Why? You can terminate subscriptions at shutdown and the UA will re-subscribe when you're back.

The goal of my branch is to cover both best cases and worst cases. In
normal circumstances then yes, we can terminate with probation or
deactivated and assume the other side will re-subscribe. In worst case
Asterisk has terminated unexpectedly (or "core restart now" is used) and
we don't have a chance to do this. I would like the experience for the
user to be that Asterisk comes back and they are subscribed, persistence
achieves this in both the best and worst case scenarios.

> The problem with registrations is that you can not do that.

Can you clarify what you mean by this?

--
Joshua Colp