[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 13: Feature Frozen!

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Thu Jul 17 09:36:44 CDT 2014

Hey everyone -

Yesterday was the feature freeze deadline for Asterisk 13, and thanks
to the hard work of everyone in the community, I think we're in really
good shape to declare Asterisk 13 feature frozen. Thank you!

Over the next few weeks, the patches currently up on review board [1]
will go through the review process and some substantial testing. (As
an aside, there's one or two community members who had some issues
getting their patches put up for review; when one of those goes up
I'll comment on it, as they were technically "done" before the
deadline). Once the patches have been reviewed and merged, we'll get
trunk cleaned up and the 13 branch made. The first beta release of
Asterisk 13 will follow shortly thereafter.

If you'd like to participate in the review and testing process, that
would be hugely appreciated! We have a *lot* of code to review and
test, and the more people who help out with the process, the faster we
can get the beta release made.

Thanks again to everyone who participated in the Asterisk project over
the last year - Asterisk 13 is shaping up to be a great LTS release,
and that wouldn't be the case without everyone's participation.

[1] https://reviewboard.asterisk.org/dashboard/

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager